Job Description - Despatch Supervisor OJ Foods
Title: Despatch Supervisor
Reports to: Despatch Manager
Based at: Enfield, Redditch
Job purpose: To follow the departmental plan utilizing the staff and equipment efficiently
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Ensure all work targets and standards are achieved
• Load spirals accordingly and adhere to loading procedure
• Load cavities
• Freeze products accordingly
• Adhere to food safety temperatures
• Ensure the loading formation is correct at all times
• Manage the system of prioritizing orders and freezing capabilities
• All relevant information regarding Prodtrac is conducted in real time
• All relevant paper work is up to date and filled in correctly
• Correct labelling and signing off in real time
• Follow product specifications, standard work procedures and set ups as required.
• Perform ongoing visual inspection of finished products
• Perform ongoing temperature checks of finished products
• Review issues for accuracy to ensure finished goods get dispatched on time
• Prioritise orders throughout the week ,layer plans if required to make orders in a logical manner
• Stop rejected finished goods and place them on hold as needed
• Manage sauce Despatch ,temperatures & record appropriately
• Report all downtime and waste as required
• Maintain housekeeping
• Oversee training of other employees as required
• Follow all safety requirements at all times
• Rotate the finished products
• Communicate to the manager/supervisor on duty
• Keep current staff members informed on company policies and procedures, and enforce these standards. Brief them on all new features of Oliver James training
• Communicate effectively with dispatch drivers and staff
• When required, actively participate in dispatching OJ Food, OJ Direct and Proper pies
• Report all incidents/problems to the Despatch Manager
• Maintain close liaison with scheduling, manufacturing and pasteurization
• Leave relevant information/schedule for the next shift/line leader
• Provide the operatives with all the relevant boxes/labels and sealing materials
• Attend meetings as required and contribute as necessary
• Organize agency staff-record start and finish times
• Participate in stock take and validation of count
• Carry out any reasonable request from your manager to meet company objectives.
• lead a team of people
• manage agency
• Numerate, methodical and well-organized individual.
• Ability to manage and motivate staff and communicate effectively with your peer group and superiors.
• Work under pressure to defined timescales.
• Ability to present accurate information in a clear, concise and effective manner
• Problem solve
WorkForce Food manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.